Nexus Modding > Game Assets

Default ship models?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Keldane:
I had a unique name and ship class number, so theoretically that should have worked. I thought it might have something to do with the Serial line, but changing that didn't fix the issue.

It seems that whenever I try to define a custom Ship Class, or when I exceed certain parameters (trying to put 6 fighters in a squadron instead of 5, for example), I don't get an error message. The game just loads up to a certain point (for the fighter issue, it got as far as trying to display the in-mission UI; when adding a ship class or trying to change what sort of weapons can be equipped at a given hardpoint, it didn't even get to the main menu) before the game crashes to the desktop and I get a little message from Windows informing me that NexusDX9.exe has stopped functioning. I don't have this issue with any other mod using custom ship types, so I've concluded it must be me doing something wrong.  :P

Edit: The issues have mostly been resolved. Using a lower number and shifting the position in the list fixed the Ship Class issue, and allowing different weapons to be equipped in a given slot doesn't seem to be a  problem as long as I don't try to allow Flak weapons to be equipped in slots normally allotted to other weapons.

Arparso:
Remember that you'll only get meaningful error messages, if you start the mission editor and not the game itself. The game usually just crashes without further comment, but the mission editor will give you relatively accurate description of the error (at least most of the time).

Keldane:
Hmm, an excellent point. I'll use the mission editor for testing from now on.

Edit: Does anyone know how make weapons capable of both firing on fighters and firing on larger ships?

The Old Dragon:
That's already been done... well, apart from a few entries that we're still confused by.

Drop by the Nexus  forum and have a look at this thread... Secrets of tacticstypes.ini

It's helped me out quite a few times.

Keldane:
Gaaaah, I can't believe I made that mistake. >_

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version