Nexus Modding > Game Assets

Default ship models?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Arparso:
Yeah, that's how it works. You just sort of "overwrite" the default Nexus files hidden in nexus_00.dat. If your mod doesn't have a tacticstypes.ini, then the default one from the singleplayer campaign will be used instead. If you have your own tacticstypes.ini, then only that one will be used and the default tacticstypes.ini will be ignored... therefore you have to supply a "complete" tacticstypes file including all the shipclasses you wish to use (including escape pods, asteroids, etc.).

Keldane:
So, start by copying and pasting and go from there. ^_^ This last question's getting a bit off topic, and is there any way to set a weapon to do different amounts of damage at different ranges?

Mularac:
no, you can't do that, but you can set it to have different accuracy at different ranges.

Keldane:
I guess accuracy will have to do.

I have run into a bit of a problem, though. I attempted to define a custom ship class by copying and pasting the entry for the Support class from the Nexus Skirmisher tacticstypes.ini file, and the result was the game crashing on me repeatedly. I wound up having to overwrite my custom tacticstypes.ini with a fresh copy in order to repair the damage done and get the game to run in a stable fashion once again. A subsequent run through of the modding instructions included with the game yielded no useful information. So, would anyone be so kind as to tell me how to add a new ship class?

Edit: Would it be possible to create a machine or script that allows the player to use Commandos to take over an enemy ship mid battle? In this case, I don't mean a specific, scripted event, I mean any time the player has a unit of Commandos they can get onto an enemy ship, they can use them to take over that ship and add it to their fleet for the remainder of the battle.

The Old Dragon:
Hi Keldane,

You're more or less there when it comes to adding a new shipclass ( or shiptype).  
Copy the entry of an object that you think is similar to the object you're trying to create, then edit the ShipClass/ShipType number and name details (obviously, these have to be unique) and you're done.  Your new beastie should be available.

One thing to bare in mind though, is that Nexus has a hardcoded shipclass limit of about 250.  Picking a higher number than this will lead to a crash.

I take it you recieved no error messages at the crashsite?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version