hi guys, look what I found on one of steam forums:
"As I wanted to play Nexus in MP with Vista installed, i wrote a library which pretends to be DirectPlayVoice but does nothing. However, I'm afraid you still have to disable voice comm in the multiplayer options and .Net 3.5 is required (but should be installed anyway on most Vista PCs)
If you are interested:Nexus MP fix for Vista and 7
- Copy that dll to a simple directory (e.G. C:\nexusfix\DVoiceEmul.dll)
- open a command shell(start menu: type cmd, press enter)
- Switch to %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 (type: cd %Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727)
- Register the dll. (type: regasm C:\nexusfix\DvoiceEmul.dll /codebase)
- There should be some warnings and finally it should tell you that the types have been registered successfully.
- Now you can play Nexus MP.
- However, you should not move the dll from there once you registered it. If you wish to move or delete it, you must first regasm C:\nexusfix\DvoiceEmul.dll /u to unregister it.
This Library *could* work for other games with the same problem as well, but I'm not sure.
PS: *Technically* it's not a wrapper "
And guess what, IT WORKS,
thanks to Firedragonweb,
Link to original forum http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087857