June 17, 2024, 14:43:07

Author Topic: A Halo-Style Magnetic Accelerator Cannon  (Read 8369 times)

Offline Camtheman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
    • http://
A Halo-Style Magnetic Accelerator Cannon
« on: February 10, 2010, 20:42:27 »
Well, I've got an idea from halo. I want to make a M.A.C. Cannon. Its similar to our plasma cannons, except it obliterates shields in one hit, and hulls in two.

I want it to have slowwww reload, and I want it to use all the power of battleship/cruiser powerplants. I might make one for stations and weapon platforms too, you know, varying power requirements.

How would I do this? I mean, specifically about the power requirements. What sections would I change?

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 21:20:30 »
The energyIn  and charge sections. Charge means how many "energy" goes into the device per cicle (tenth of a second) and energyin is the ammount of that energy needed to actually fire the gun. Keep in mind that the power generators give so many power per cycle too, so if you set a two high number, the recharge would be even slower and it would take the whole energy the generator can give, making that the charge going to other weapons is much slower too.

Offline Camtheman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 00:03:39 »
thanks so much. Ima get on that right away, use a Nova PC as a base.

One more thing. Its about effects.

I need to make the plasma effect (you know that short yellowish thing) longer and a little wider. How'd I go about doing that?

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 00:15:33 »
first, I'm compilled to ask, what are you up to? improving Arparso's mod? making one of your own? what?

But about the effect, you have to see which effect number concerns you (it's in the travel parameter of the weapon's entry in the tacticstypes.ini) and check out that effect in the engineefx.ini or mod_efx.ini, depending if it's a mod or you're modding the actual game.

Offline Camtheman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 18:25:40 »
No, i got my own mod with like... 20 missions. Its not a campaign menu type of thing, its just the mission selector.

Thanks for the help.

How do you know which effect links to what tacticstypes entry? because I found a good effect and when I try to test it in game the effect doesnt show up...

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 19:03:52 »
for each weapon there are three entries that relates to the efx.ini (or mod_efx.ini):
The travel, start and end entries in the tacticstypes.ini, the third value is associated to the efx *** value.

Offline Camtheman

• Recruit
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 03:51:45 »
Ah, I see now. Thanks. They work now and well too. I got my desired effect.

Two of the M.A.C. cannons take up my entire firestorm generator (on a NDF battleship) IF (thats a big IF) they hit, they de-shield a cruiser in about 3 hits. Not too uber, would you say? They dont hit really very often. I plan on making a Super MAC to mount on stations and special weapon platforms.

I also plan on making my first custom Weapon generator.

EDIT: Where's that old topic from the old forum that outlines all the entries of tacticstypes .ini?

EDIT EDIT: I think I did it perfectly now. A single M.A.C. takes up 150% of the top cruiser power gen. Three of them on my heaviest battleship with the custom reactor (output of 200) also takes up 150%. Now for the Super MACs...

ALSO: Who made New Conflicts and Spacetech:Reprise. Where can I contact them? I used some of their stuff in my mod (because it was so well made!)