May 12, 2024, 20:08:02

Author Topic: Hello, chaps.  (Read 8776 times)

Offline Glexn

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hello, chaps.
« on: August 15, 2011, 15:27:12 »
After a long night searching through disappointments for a shiny new space game, I stumble across Nexus! I'd never heard of it, but after a rather short investigation, I was immediately sold. And, I'd thought I'd come and introduce myself while it downloads. Unfortunately, it won't finish before bedtime, so there's an excruciating wait until tomorrow.

So, greetings! I'm Glen. How's things?

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Hello, chaps.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 01:45:42 »
Hi there Glexn,

Welcome to the universe of Nexus:TJI, I hope you like it  :)
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:01:17 »
Welcome, Glen.

Great to still see someone new discovering Nexus after all those years. I hope you'll have fun with it ;)

If any questions or problems arise, just ask around here and someone should be able to offer advice.

Offline Glexn

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 14:43:23 »
Thanks, fellas.

I've been playing since I got home, and it's awesome. At the very least, eight or nine kinds of awesome. The punishing difficulty is just fantastic, too. So many recent games are so devoid of the challenge I crave. It's leading me to believe that perhaps in beginning on professional I might have been a smidgen overconfident. At least, the Raptor Raid is making impressively short work of me. But I'll figure the bugger out.

I did discover a replicable CTD in The Chance, if I may add to any collective knowledge. If I destroyed any platform subsystems before sending marines to get the codes to shut them down, the game would crash when they came back up. Took me a while to figure out that one.

Good times, though. Good times.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 00:12:43 »
I've played Nexus about.. 2 times from start to finish, several mods and I've also modded the hell out it. But I could never ever get past Raptor Raid on Professional :P
You may want to set it back to Experienced, I guarantee that it's still challenge enough.

Offline Glexn

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:26:04 »
Think I might have to, still pretty stuck. Bugger. =]

Offline GeoModder

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 15:53:13 »
I did discover a replicable CTD in The Chance, if I may add to any collective knowledge. If I destroyed any platform subsystems before sending marines to get the codes to shut them down, the game would crash when they came back up. Took me a while to figure out that one.

Hi, and welcome. :)

The Chance? IIRC, the mission where Stiletto's marines need to check out Kissaki station near Jupiter, right? Yeah, that's a known bug. I think the crash doesn't happen on lower difficulty levels.

Offline Glexn

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 08:38:01 »
Bugger... could've saved an hour and just asked. Thanks, regardless.