March 29, 2024, 06:15:16

Author Topic: cinema mode  (Read 7429 times)

Offline Blazar

• Crewman
    • View Profile
cinema mode
« on: July 12, 2011, 22:47:17 »
Hi there,
I have a few questions;

1.Is there a difference between the cinema_mode and the new_cinema _mode. I've tried them both a few times, but i couldn't find a difference.

2. Is there a way to extend the duration of the cinema mode?
It ends after 10 minutes. Can it be extended?

(3. In the previous tread, there was talk about a new skirmisher and there where some great and well known suggestions. How does it comes along?)

Thanks again Arparso.The skirmisher is a fantastisc tool.

Offline Blazar

• Crewman
    • View Profile
Re: cinema mode
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 14:00:13 »
I think that i've found the answer.
Just adjust the parameter in the .mach

Code: [Select]
timer(StopAutoCamera, 600, 0);

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: cinema mode
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:27:25 »
Sorry for answering so damn late :(

1) Differences are rather subtle - the "new" cinema mode includes some AI tweaks to make both fleets act aggressively. The old script didn't really take advantage of what would have been the player fleet otherwise and only assigned orders to the other fleet. Doesn't make a huge difference, though.

2) Yeah, timer(StopAutoCamera, 600, 0) is the correct one. It's set to 10 minutes (600 seconds) by default, because I needed to set some limit on how long to disable the GUI - otherwise the game might crash on hitting ESC during the battle. I didn't want to set it too high, since the game tries to fast-forward to this point in time when hitting ESC during the battle - and that became annoying with much higher time values.

3) I'm not actively working on a new Skirmisher right now - sorry, don't have the time and the old one still "works" (well, mostly), so there's only limited need for that. I'd like to work on it, but I gotta set priorities :(