April 27, 2024, 12:54:47

Author Topic: Hide object in target list?  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Hide object in target list?
« on: January 17, 2011, 17:21:05 »
Any easy and straight-forward way to actually hide an object in the target list, but not visually in the scene?

Let's say I have a specific model I'd like to display as sort of a marker or navpoint. It's just a visual clue to the player, but shouldn't be selectable by mouse click and it shouldn't appear in any contact list, friendly or hostile. Oh and other ships should be able to pass through the model (=> no collision avoidance).

If I set "Behaviour 5" (navpoint), there is no collision avoidance being calculated, but the object appears on the contact list and is selectable by mouse-click. If I set "Behaviour 4", it's not selectable anymore, but ships try to fly around it instead of just passing through... so how do I get the best of both worlds?

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Hide object in target list?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 00:13:48 »
Well, I can only think of one solution, and it's not a pretty one.

Keep the behaviour 4, and add a small script that monitors the distance between all ships and the object (which I guess is a jump node marker?), and when it detects a ship is coming close to it, it would make it so that ships wouldn't go round it with the command "ShipGoRound(ship, enable);", and when it goes away it will return it to the previous state.

However, that ship will not evade any other object once it gets near to the main one, and it can get messy if a lot of ships get near that place at the same time...