March 28, 2024, 09:41:58

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Game Assets / Re: Problems with Luminescence maps/lamp maps
« Last post by USSCrazybat on March 09, 2017, 00:46:56 »
Some beauty shots of the Century Class thanks to Old Dragon helping me out with a misaligned texture map and spec maps.
« Last post by The Old Dragon on March 07, 2017, 21:28:10 »
By all means, I'll pm you.
« Last post by USSCrazybat on March 07, 2017, 18:13:51 »
Do you mind if I send the files over? I'm still figuring this all out.
« Last post by The Old Dragon on March 07, 2017, 17:30:01 »
Wow, nice model. The first thought that comes to mind is the actual texture size in pixels, Nexus prefers them to be square and by standard 'RAM' sizes (64x64, 128x128, etc up to 2048x2048 (though I think it can do 4096)).

Other than that, maybe the UV map got corrupted during conversion? I think I'd need to get my hands on the files and play around a bit to figure it out.
Game Assets / Re: Working with NIF Models (UPDATE)
« Last post by The Old Dragon on March 07, 2017, 17:21:03 »
Well done on the conversion; with regards to scale, you can either bring an existing Nexus ship into your modeller and scale to that or if you're looking at a standalone mod then the scale is up to you. Only thig to remember is that Nexus recognises 2 ship sizes - strike and capitol. Not sure on the exact threshold but obviously, you don't want to make your big ships to small ;)
« Last post by USSCrazybat on March 07, 2017, 03:13:06 »
Thanks for your help so far. I just managed to recently convert a high-poly model over from Bridge Commander - but a small portion of the ship is completely black. It seems to be an issue with just this model, as I ported over another ship afterward and it had no such issues. Would you have any suggestions? I've checked the .tex files and there doesn't seem to be any alteration to the images themselves.
Game Assets / Re: Working with NIF files (Bridge Commander exporting)
« Last post by USSCrazybat on March 07, 2017, 02:00:36 »
So, I've managed to successfully convert a high-poly Bridge Commander ship into Nexus! I'm pretty pleased with myself right now. There's only two problems. One - the ship is back to front. Two, the ship is tiny. An easy fix - but is there any set value I should be scaling my ships to?
« Last post by The Old Dragon on March 04, 2017, 11:12:39 »
With regards to doing the model parameters, there is a guide here...
http://nexusthegame.net/wiki/Guide_to_Modelling_Parameters
As always, feel free to ask questions here.
« Last post by USSCrazybat on March 04, 2017, 01:11:00 »
Looks like the only way to fix the text is to reverse the text in the .tga itself. I've fixed both the Saber and Prometheus glows and texts. Given their unreversed alpha maps and text as well as lack of hardpoints compared to the other ships in the mod, it looks like these two were just direct conversions from Bridge Commander. I'm going to see if I can hardpoint them myself. They're the highest quality Prometheus/Saber meshes out there that I know of - if I am going to do my own Star Trek mod those will probably carry over.
« Last post by The Old Dragon on March 03, 2017, 23:56:31 »
Glad you got the map sorted out, without seeing the model with reversed lettering all I can surmise is it's something in the way they made the model.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10