March 29, 2024, 08:25:24

Author Topic: A small request  (Read 11103 times)

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
A small request
« on: April 18, 2010, 19:59:25 »
Arparso, could you make a small edit to the current NS to remove (or at least make it redundant) the mission number specifications?
Considering that missions work just as well withouth them, and that we're having some people with a problem at finding their newly created missions to delete them in case of missions with duplicate number ID, it would be very much appreciated by the community.

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:10:35 »
I'll see what I can do. For some obscure reason Visual C++ refuses to install on my current machine, so I can't change and compile my five year old source code right now. I'll be trying it in a virtual machine and see if I can get it running.

/edit:
Great, Visual C++ installed fine in the virtual machine, but it can't properly import my old project.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:49:12 »
damn... ok, let me know if you find a workarround that... (perhaps under a linux partition?)

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:53:10 »
Linux wouldn't help here, since the Skirmisher isn't platform independent and wouldn't compile under Linux.

Anyway, I tried it with an older version of Visual C++, which compiled fine after a few tweaks. I've attached an updated Skirmisher exe for you to try out. I fixed/changed four things:
    [/li]
  • removed mission numbers (all missions carry the identifier "SkirmisherMission" instead of the number)
  • removed mission number from the missions's filename
  • the Skirmisher now only saves one file per mission instead of three, embedding the AI and objectives scripts into the .mission file itself
  • added "Mission saved!"-MessageBox to confirm a successful saving operation
Please see if it works for you and I may release it "officially" on the website, if no major errors will be found.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 23:10:49 »
It seems to be working allright, but it wasn't me the one with the problem :P but this should do it, thanks.

Offline DreamorCZ

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Czech Gaming Nexus
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 19:45:03 »
Works fine for me. I think you should release the old skirmisher + this fix and call it 0.62 (or something like that). This fix may help a lot of players and will show that the skirmisher is still under development.
Editor in Chief at http://www.cgnexus.eu/

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 05:46:59 »
A small thing: could you have the AI machine in a separate file as it was before? it makes going over the code of the skirmisher missions much easier if you're looking to edit them or something like that.

And you should re-upload the whole thing with this patch, it'll save lifes :P

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 22:22:53 »
Yep, I was going to do that, but got packed with work until now. Should be up on the site in the next few days. ;)

A small thing: could you have the AI machine in a separate file as it was before? it makes going over the code of the skirmisher missions much easier if you're looking to edit them or something like that.
Hmmm... I actually don't want to, since it makes the mission folder so cramped with (more or less) duplicate files. If you want to make some exhaustive changes, you can always cut & paste the AI MACHINE into a seperate file yourself ... the contents haven't changed since 0.61