March 29, 2024, 11:16:45

Author Topic: CEP Revival?  (Read 52784 times)

Offline Multigun

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: CEP Revival?
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2016, 01:17:32 »
Ah I see it! Cleared up a few questions I had (and noticed some other stuff that I will work on improving). The only other question I had is why there are so many separated pieces on the Kissaki_b model (each correlating to a different texture/material) when they don't appear to have any purpose animation wise. Maybe targeting, or perhaps that's just how artists modeled back in the day. Never the less, I'll use the Kissaki_b model as my first guinea pig.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2016, 20:46:40 »
By 'separated pieces' I take it you mean the labels like 'mtl_masodgyuruoldal' or 'mtl_hosszufeher'? In LW, the model is all in the first layer.

On the models we're rebuilding, apart from '__inscription__', they are simply surface names. Probably to help make selecting certain surfaces easier - certainly an approach I use with my models.

Once we get to the finishing stages and add the parameters then some of these names will be important and normally start and end with a '#'. The guide you referenced in your first post goes through that in a bit more detail than what's in the manual.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline Multigun

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2016, 08:16:35 »
Right I get that, I do the same thing with my modeling too. It just some of the separated out pieces don't really make sense. Again, it could just be that it's the "old school" way of modeling and how textures worked back in 2004, so I might be just over analyzing the model. In my folder on the dropbox, I added a few screenshots of what I mean. I'll add my thoughts on those screenshots in the chat log also.