March 29, 2024, 10:35:16

Author Topic: Black Screen  (Read 7327 times)

Offline zexus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Black Screen
« on: June 21, 2013, 17:06:22 »
When I launch the game, it will show the Nexus icon loading screen on the top left of the screen and then a black screen shows up that doesn't continue or show the Main menu but there is a background music.

I am using Windows 7 (x64)

I already read this THREAD and it did not work.

Please help me solve this problem. :(

Thank you.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 22:19:46 »
Hi Zexus,

Black screens can be kinda tricky to fix, so let's throw a few thoughts into the mix...

1)  Has Nexus been like this for a while or only recently?
2)  Have you done any kind of modifications to Nexus?
3)  Have you upgraded your pc graphics around the time when Nexus stopped working?

My first thoughts though would be that the game can't find a resource or file that it needs.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline zexus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 23:50:21 »

Thanks for the reply Old Dragon.

1) I just installed it recently.
2) No, not yet.
3) I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 630M which is updated. I updating it using the Nvidia Experience.

I think updating your GPU is the right & good thing to do. Maybe this is not the problem here.

Maybe the one that you were saying that it can't find the resource/s or file that the game needs. So what are those files be?

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 10:52:28 »
Hmmm, if it is a resource/file issue then I can only imagine that one of them was corrupted during install - so maybe try a reinstall. Just a thought, is your copy of the game from steam or a retail version?  If it's a steam version, maybe try to 'verify integrity of game cache' (has been known to fix issues with games).

Another thought would be that maybe the new drivers are too 'modern' for Nexus. keep in mind that Nexus is almost ten years old, so maybe rolling back your drivers to an earlier version may help.

In general though, I agree about keeping your drivers as up to date as possible. The only problem is when the newer drivers discontinue a feature from earlier versions (such as DX10 - this one stopped multiplayer working natively).

Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.