Nexus Skirmisher > General Discussion

Modding tools not functioning

(1/4) > >>

jstubbles:
Hey guys, it's been a while!
I was wondering, have any of you had issues with the converter tool in the mod tools not working? I've tried untinstalling/reinstalling Nexus as well but that didn't help.

Basically, all of the mod tools function, except for converter. When I launch it, the windows cursor changes like it's loading, and "converter.exe" shows up in the windows task manager processes menu, but it never really launches. There's no GUI, no taskbar program to click on, nothing. I'm at a loss here :|

The Old Dragon:
Hey there JStuubbles, long time, no see.

Although I've had errors with the other editors (such as the command shortcuts not working if I alt-tab out and back in), I've not had this happen, I'm afraid.

First thing that I can suggest would be to try an alternative mod tools pack on the basis that yours is somehow corrupted? DreamorCZ posted a download on ModDB here...

http://www.moddb.com/groups/the-nexii/downloads/nexus-mod-tools-plus

The only other time that I've seen something like that is when a program has crashed (or even failed to launch) but windows still thinks that it's running in the processes. So I've had to open up the task manager and track down the relevant .exe file and terminate it manually.

Other than that, I'm in the dark with you :(

jstubbles:
Yeah, I've tried nuking the folder and installing that download version earlier, but it didn't work =\

It's really strange. It's acting like it loads, the cursor changes to the loading symbol for a few seconds, then nothing. But the process is running in task manager....

It worked fine before I reformatted, so I don't know what's going on. I'm still running the same OS. The only difference is that I'm using an SSD hardrive now but that shouldn't matter at all.

Arparso:
Hm... tried creating a new blank mod folder, selecting that in the mod tools and starting the converter then? And made sure that it has proper read/write access to the mod folders, if Nexus might be installed in C:\Program Files\?

I'd also try reinstalling DirectX, preferably the version that came with Nexus, if there was DirectX included in the install. Maybe some old D3DX library now missing after your reformat, if you also reinstalled Windows?

Other than that, I don't have a clue. :(

The Old Dragon:
Tried some of google's magic on the problem, only found one entry that sounded like what you've got, so far. The short version appears that it may be a conflict with the UAC... maybe worth chasing down if you haven't already.

Here's the thread, though...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/program-doesnt-open-exe-shows-up-in-processes-tab/2f855f70-54cb-421e-923f-aa87cf1231fc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version