Nexus Modding > Modding Tools

[Tool] Tacticstypes.ini spreadsheet for OpenOffice

(1/4) > >>

Arparso:
Editing the tacticstypes.ini to insert new or modify existing ships and devices can get quite cumbersome, if you're creating a whole mod from scratch. The mod tools actually include an Excel spreadsheet, which is supposed to automate tacticstypes.ini-creation using a macro, but if you're using OpenOffice, that won't work at all.

So I wrote my own version of this script and spreadsheet being compatible to OpenOffice.org Calc. That enables me to have a much better overview over all my shipclasses and devicetypes, making changes to all of them much easier while not having to manually code my own tacticstypes.ini. Maybe it'll prove useful to other modders as well, so I'm sharing it here with you.

Usage instructions:

* extract the tacticstypes.ods file to your mod directory into the _work\tables-subfolder and make a backup of your original tacticstypes.ini (!)

* make your changes to the spreadsheet inserting your own shipclasses, devicetypes, shiptypes, etc.

* save it

* run the "Main" macro in tacticstypes.ods->Standard->ExportToIni

* repeat steps 2 - 4 until you're happy with your tacticstypes.ini
Important! The included macro script WILL override your original tacticstypes.ini, so don't forget to make a backup in case things don't work out! Don't blame me, if you lose your stuff, I've warned you!

I've also included a spreadsheet for Nexus' singleplayer tacticstypes.ini as an example. It's more or less a direct copy of Nexus' Excel spreadsheet with my modified macro script attached.

I'd suggesst adding the macro to your toolbar or assigning it a hotkey to avoid having to go through the macro submenu each time.

nasharas:
a little mistake in here, the location of tacticstypes.ods file should be _work\params

Arparso:
Doesn't really matter, though - the script works nonetheless ;)

nasharas:
well it didn't worked for me, until I changed name of folder :)
Btw, it would be nice if someone would create such a file to efx.ini ;) I'm too lazy to do it myself :D

Arparso:
I'm already working on it. See the attachment for the version I currently use. I didn't have time to test it thoroughly, but it appears to be working just fine right now. It doesn't have a fancy progress bar like the tacticstypes macro, though. ;)

Don't forget to backup your existing efx.ini!

--- Quote ---well it didn't worked for me, until I changed name of folder :)
--- End quote ---
That's odd, cause mine works perfectly fine in _work\tables ... the name of the folder should be irrellevant - you'll just need to put it two subfolders "deep" into the mod's folder or it won't save the .ini at the correct location.

/edit:
Uploaded newer version of the efx.ods including a progress bar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version