Nexus Modding > Mod Development / Released Mods

modeling ships

(1/3) > >>

skygunner58201:
I wanted to work on modeling my own ships.  Will any version of LW work?  I tend to do all of my modeling in SketchupPro and texturing in GIMP and Wings3D.  Also, is there a ship creation tutorial somewhere?  Or is it just the one in the tools?

The Old Dragon:
Hi SkyGunner,

As far as I know, you can make your models with whatever program you're comfortable with as long as you can export the model into .LWO or .LWS format in order to add the required hard points and also, this is the only format that the nexus converter understands.

Without meaning to sound daft, can you define what you want by ship creation tutorial? Once the model is made/converted, you just have to associate it with an entry into the tactictypes.ini and it's available for use.

skygunner58201:
Ya.  I prolly could've phrased that better.  I know how to model and that sort of thing....tho texturing is definitely NOT my strongpoint.  I am looking for something that shows proper placement of nodes and whatnot in lightwave.  I know that sketchup doesn't do points...at least I don't think it does.  and I've never used LW before.

The Old Dragon:
Ok, not sure if you've already found them but if you look in following path...

Nexus - The Jupiter Incident\mods\SAMPLE 02  Everything Change\__work\art\meshes

You'll find several of the original games models in .LWO / .LWS format which should serve as an example.
Give me a little time and I'll see if I can get a simple 'how to' guide up on the NexusWiki at  http://nexusthegame.net/wiki/Nexus_-_The_Jupiter_Incident.

skygunner58201:
I'll take a looksie and see if I can make heads or tails of it.  But yeah, a simple how-to would be great cuz I had an idea for a ship to put in-game but no idea how to do it lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version