March 28, 2024, 10:27:17

Author Topic: Nexus_DX9.exe has stopped working - please help - Windows 7 64 bit  (Read 23489 times)

Offline Betheball

• Recruit
    • View Profile
So just bought this game off Ebay from the UK.  I have Windows 7 64 bit and it all installed fine.  Even launched and i got to play for about 3 or 4 hours without issue.  I exited the game and then tried to come back to play only to find that I get the above error?  Uninstalled the game and then reloaded, again played for a few hours and then exited.  Again, tried to play later on and again got the same message. 

I don't know what is going on.  anyone able to help?  I've got .net framework 4 on the system, anything else I can try.  I'll really like the game, but don't want to have to uninstall and install every time I want to play.

Thanks

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: Nexus_DX9.exe has stopped working - please help - Windows 7 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 17:12:10 »
Have you tried running it as administrator? (right-click nexus.exe or nexus_dx9.exe, click "Run as administrator")

During installation a few registry keys are created by the setup and these might end up in a different location than where they are read from during a normal game start. This might be the issue here and if it'll start when being run as administrator, than we'll know.

Offline Betheball

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:14:18 »
Thanks, I will go and give that a go and get back to you.... good work on keeping this site going by the way.

Offline Betheball

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 01:24:01 »
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar - thank you very much, that worked a treat.  Is there away to bring those reg files back over or should I just do that each time.  THanks

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:22:24 »
Should be possible. Nexus' installation (which runs as administrator) probably created the registry keys at...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

But the game running without administrator privileges looks for them here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

You can run "regedit" (hit Windows-key and [R], type "regedit"), navigate to the first path and create these same values at the second path, where they belong. Or, a faster way:

• start up "regedit"
  • navigate to the first path above, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
  • right-click the "Nexus - The Jupiter Incident" registry key and choose "Export"
  • save it somewhere as "nexus.reg" (or whatever)
  • open the file in a text editor and replace the path starting with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE..." with the correct one (the second from above): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
  • save the changes and run the .reg file by double clicking

This should add an identical copy of the correct registry values into the correct location and the game should start up fine now without the need to run as administrator.

I know it's really inconvenient, but Vista and Windows 7 just handle registry access a bit different than previous Windows versions and Nexus was developed years before that. And with the developer shutdown there won't be any patch to ever fix that issue. :(

Offline myriandore

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 22:32:21 »
Necroing this old post

Same problem here. Only I fail to understand your instructions from
save it somewhere as "nexus.reg" (or whatever)
open the file in a text editor and replace the path starting with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE..." with the correct one (the second from above): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident
save the changes and run the .reg file by double clicking
Hope you can help, thanks
Myr

Offline blklts

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 00:46:44 »
Have the same error message but it happens in game right as battle starts. Here is the crash report from Windows 7 64 bit

Source
nexus_DX9.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎2/‎22/‎2014 5:59 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:   f:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\nexus the jupiter incident\nexus_DX9.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
Application Name:   nexus_DX9.exe
Application Version:   0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp:   425d196b
Fault Module Name:   nexus_DX9.exe
Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:   425d196b
Exception Code:   80000003
Exception Offset:   00017beb
OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:   1033
Additional Information 1:   d6ad
Additional Information 2:   d6ad251caa900ae4cc032a8f99880af9
Additional Information 3:   55a9
Additional Information 4:   55a92b2086ea25302ad229c3ec572cbf

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:   461692732

Offline Staiver

• Recruit
    • View Profile
I've got this error when the Titan started to explode (2 secs of cinematic,after comes the error) any ideas?

Offline Nicramus

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 19:18:32 »
I used to have the same issue. (when titan explodes, game crash)
 Running as an adminstrator should fix this problem :-)