March 29, 2024, 11:15:57

Poll

So I just Installed the Stargate war begins mod and the skirmisher mod. I opened skirmisher selected the appropriate mission type for the stargate mod which brings me to my question. Are the ships supposed to still show as they do in the normal mission ty

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Stargate war begins and Nexus Skirmisher  (Read 21738 times)

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Stargate war begins and Nexus Skirmisher
« on: July 31, 2012, 08:37:47 »
So I just Installed the Stargate war begins mod and the skirmisher mod. I opened skirmisher selected the appropriate mission type for the stargate mod which brings me to my question. Are the ships supposed to still show as they do in the normal mission type and if so where do I find the mission I created?

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Stargate war begins and Nexus Skirmisher
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 16:48:34 »
What do you mean, finding the missions? Ingame so you can play, or the physical script so you can mod it?

If you meant the 1 one, the mission should have appeared on the ingame menu that appears as soon as you launch the mod (if it doesn't, please outline in detail what you've done to install the mod and the skirmisher)

In the 2 case, the mission files are located on the folder "X:\...\Nexus - The jupiter incident\mods\Stargate the war begins\mod_missions\"
Look for the one with the same nane as the one you've just created

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:52:51 »
In game so I can play them.

But now it appears in the skirmisher missions menu. But it won't let me play. I get an error message. More than this I am wondering how do I know which ships are which when creating a mission? Even if I change the MISSION TYPE to StargateWarBegins all the ships in the selection menu have the names of the ships in the vanilla game. Any help is appreciated. Someone should make a tutorial video on how to use skirmisher in conjuction with stargate war begins.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 18:32:56 »
Stupid question, did you select the Stargate mod from the mods drop down menu AS WELL as the Stargate War Begins mission type?

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:36:07 »
Ok so I had it working and yes I hadn't selected stargate mod from the other drop down menu but now I have another problem.... I created a few missions and they work fine and all but today on my 13th mission I accidently put 12 in the mission number. So I have that whole double mission error thing pop up when I try and start the stargate mod so I am wondering how do you delete existing missions? Where do I go? Sorry and thank you for your patience/

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 19:22:47 »
Hi there Conner,

You don't need to delete the mission; simply locate it in your mod folder, edit it with notepad and change the mission number manually.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:46:25 »
Ok but what is the default save location though? I have looked everywhere and simply cannot find it. Unless I missed something.
Any help would be great.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 00:32:04 »
X:\...\Nexus: The Jupiter Incident\mods\Stargate mod\universe\mod_missions

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 06:46:39 »
I looked there... They aren't in that location :/

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 09:11:44 »
I've got the retail version of Nexus, if you've got the steam version then things could be slightly different for you. However, I've just created a quick mission using the skirmisher on it's default settings.

In the first box in general options I had 'Nexus Skirmisher' as my mod and it placed the mission file in this path...

X:\...\Nexus: The Jupiter Incident\mods\Nexus Skirmisher\Universe\Mod_Missions

Next question, what mod did you have selected when you created your missions?

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 11:43:14 »
I had the stargate selected. My problem is locating where these missions are saved so I can either delete or change the mission number. It is not in the stargate mod\universe\mod_missions destination. I have the retail version of the game as well not the steam version.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 14:55:20 »
Hmmm, rather perplexing. Just did another test using the beta10 version of the SG mod and it put the mission files right where Mularac said it would... so no help there.

Next step then, maybe try doing an automated search of your HDD? Worked for me in this instance.

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:26:52 »
Can you walk me through this? Just to make sure I do it right.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 09:16:32 »
Sure, just for reference though, I'm running windows7 home edition. So things might be slightly different if you're not.

1) Click on the windows button in the bottom left to bring up the start menu. At the bottom of this, I've got a little text box with 'search programs and files' in it.  Type '.mission' in here and it'll search through your documents folder.

2) If that doesn't turn up anything, click on the 'see more results' bar. This should open up another window, at the bottom of which will be a header saying 'search again in'. Select 'computer' and it should then start a search of your HDD.

Obviously, this search may take a little time as it'll go through all your drives. But for me, it seems to find anything with the word mission in it. Hopefully, you should be able to locate the errant files :)

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:08 »
AHHHH! Found it! thank you so much for the help. Much appreciated :)

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 14:37:25 »
No problems at all. Just out of curiosity, where were they hiding? If someone else runs into this issue, they may be able to cut stright to the end...

Offline Conner1993

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 02:25:16 »
For some reason it was in my C:\users\My profile\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Nexus - the jupiter incident\mods\Stargate mod war begins (beta)\universe\mod_missions
I don't know why it was there it was a little wierd. If I tried to go through Program Files (x86)\Nexus - the jupiter incident\mods\Stargate mod war begins (beta)\universe\mod_missions I couldn't see it.