March 29, 2024, 07:44:40

Author Topic: Yes! I got STEC to work! Wait, no, NO!  (Read 12323 times)

Offline nerdymidgetkid

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Yes! I got STEC to work! Wait, no, NO!
« on: July 19, 2012, 07:07:09 »
Downloaded STEC but couldn't find where to put it. Just to try it I clicked on the one application in the winrar window-the skirmisher. The default place where it wanted to put itself told me where to put the actual mod. However, since the application had already installed the skirmisher, I extracted the actual mod separately. Now, there is no STEC mode in the skirmisher. Is there a way I can fix this or do I need to re-install?

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Yes! I got STEC to work! Wait, no, NO!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 19:18:40 »
All the mods go to the folder "mods" that it's in your nexus tji main folder, in your case it probably is in:
"x:\...\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident\"

Just extract the mod and put that folder in the mods one, so it ends up looking something like this:

"...\mods\STEC" and inside that folder there are a bunch of ones like universe, meshes, sound, music, textures, etc.

Then when you launch the skirmisher it should appear the STEC option.

Offline nerdymidgetkid

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 02:42:04 »
STEC is in my Nexus mods folder, along with Nexus Skirmisher, Nexus Skirmisher SP settings, Nexus Standard Multiplayer Battles and the Samples.   

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 21:06:38 »
And what's inside of that folder?

Offline nerdymidgetkid

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:40:22 »
Meshes, Music, npc, Save, Sound, Textures, Universe. So am I putting the Skirmisher inside the STEC folder?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:42:38 by nerdymidgetkid »

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 03:42:28 »
Then it should work, what steps are you doing to start the mod?

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 12:00:37 »
No, the Skirmisher's .exe always goes into the base install folder of Nexus (where there is the "nexus.exe"). The two Skirmisher mods go into the same regular "mods" folder where every other mod belongs too.

If that's the case, then the Skirmisher should pick up on the STEC mod...

Offline nerdymidgetkid

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:13:24 »
I have put Nexus skirmisher and SP settings in the STEC folder and there is no difference. To star the mod I am going into the Nexus launcher and selecting STEC from the modifications tab.

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 12:50:37 »
Just installed STEC myself and didn't have that problem. Let's go through the installation steps one by one:
(this refers to STEC 1.4 as can be downloaded here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-enhanced-space-combat/downloads/stesc-14)

• Install "2009_06_11_NS_Installer_v0.61.exe", if you don't already have the Skirmisher installed (install it to your Nexus base folder, e.g. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Nexus The Jupiter Incident")
  • copy the "NEXUS Skirmisher" and "Star Trek Enhanced Space Combat" folders from the .zip into Nexus' mods folder, e.g. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Nexus The Jupiter Incident\mods"

... and that's it. You can start the Skirmisher either by using the installed shortcuts or by running "Nexus Skirmisher.exe" in your Nexus folder, e.g. "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Nexus The Jupiter Incident\Nexus Skirmisher.exe". Select "Star Trek Enhanced Space Combat" as mod and "STESC_Skirmisher" as mission type and then create your preferred battle.

Also grab the Skirmisher bugfix here: http://arparso.de/nexus/files/NEXUS_Skirmisher_v0.61_bugfix.zip
(just overwrite the old "Nexus Skirmisher.exe")