March 28, 2024, 11:24:06

Author Topic: Messing with the devices stock  (Read 7429 times)

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Messing with the devices stock
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:52:58 »
Hi, I got a question for you guys:

does someone know if there's a way to get a list with all the devices currently on "stock" and how many of them are there? (campaign level, I mean all the devices that are available to the player in the fleet loadout screen)

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Messing with the devices stock
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:33:37 »
Doesn't the game do this already once you go into the fleet loadout screen?

As far as I can tell, the stock list is cleared out and recreated mission by mission; so you are effectively creating the list of stock yourself.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Messing with the devices stock
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 18:30:37 »
no, the stock persists until you clear it. I need to know, because I'm creating a list of total "devices", both on ships and on stock, as to see if I should add more or not.
Allow me to explain it further:

In the mod I'm making each "device" is in fact, a ship. So in the fleet load out screen what you actually do is trade ships between fleets. At the moment of a battle the "devices" are redeemed in the form of ships, and when you loose a ship you loose the device from where that ship came from.

Now, I want to to occationaly grant the player fresh reinforcements, so I check how many "devices" are currently in each ship-fleet, but I'm not taking into account the ones the player left in the common stock, the one on the fleet loadout screen, so that leaves a very easy way to cheat the game, just leave very few devices-ships in your fleet-ships so that the game sees that you have very little ships and sends reinforcements.

So what I want to do is take into account the ones stored in the common stock, to fully see how many devices-ships the player currently has.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 18:36:00 by Mularac »