March 29, 2024, 06:39:29

Author Topic: Nexus Skirmisher Window Size  (Read 6776 times)

Offline SoManySkinks

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Nexus Skirmisher Window Size
« on: January 26, 2012, 11:08:26 »
My laptop's screen resolution is particularly narrow, and so lots of windowed software tends to bleed out of the desktop into the luminiferous aether below the task bar.  While for the vast majority of programs this is scarecely a problem, occasionally I run across one which infuriatingly lacks one of the most standard, staple features of windows programs - the capacity for the user to resize the visible box.

So, in short - Skirmisher is too damn big and literally impossible to use without resizing the box, which is impossible for whatever reason.  Is there a solution.

Offline SoManySkinks

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Skirmisher Window Size
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:14:13 »
I found a 'solution' on my own, using a script somebody made to allow the dragging of window-boxes using the alt-key beyond the grabbable area.  This should really be something fixed in the program though, there's no reason for the box to be fixed like that!

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: Nexus Skirmisher Window Size
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 17:03:08 »
Yeah, sorry for that. :(

As you can tell, the Skirmisher's UI isn't particularly well designed, to put it mildly. I'm glad you found a solution allowing you to use the tool nonetheless.

I'll look into it, but can't promise a fix. Depends on how hard this'll be to fix as I'd want to be careful not to introduce any new issues by remaking large parts of the UI. I wrote the Skirmisher quite a few years ago, so I'm not that familiar with its inner workings anymore.

Btw, what resolution do you use? Below 1024x768, I presume?