Nexus Skirmisher > General Discussion

STECC_Skirmisher and WarBeginsSkirmisher mission types

(1/2) > >>

Blubb:
hi, in the star trek enhanced space combat mod i found the mission type STECC_Skirmisher.
is there any difference between the mission-type STECC_Skirmisher and the WarBeginsSkirmisher?
or they are the same, only titled different??

greetings

Mularac:
The star trek mission only raises shield on start up, the war begins one does a couple more things, like handle the hyperspace effect, for example.

Blubb:
oh, that's very interesting.
so it's better to take the warbeginsskirmisher for the battles.
thanks, for your answer.

one more question:
what's the hyperspace effect? and why it need to be handled in skirmisher?

Mularac:
No, you shouldn't. The warBegins skirmisher only works on the War Begins mod, the Star Trek skirmisher works on the Star Trek mod.

The hyperspace effect on the War Begins mod is when you press F11 if I'm not mistaken and your ship leaves the scene using it's hyperspace drive.
Since it's something custom, it has to be handled privately, that's why I made a new Skirmisher battle type exclusevely for that mod.

Blubb:
hm, but i have no problems using the warbeginsskirmisher mission type for other mods like UAW and especially for the ST Enhanced Space Combat mod. it works fine, without any problem. it seems like, the warbeginsskirmisher works a little bit better with the ST Enhanced Space Combat than its own STESC_skirmisher, because the ships fight and fly better, but maybe this is only subjective awareness.
are there any known bugs/problems if i using the warbeginsskirmisher with other mods??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version