March 28, 2024, 09:11:29

Author Topic: Game won't launch  (Read 13183 times)

Offline Rico_Devega

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Game won't launch
« on: November 29, 2011, 04:11:47 »
So, I bought this game on Steam the other day at the suggestion of a friend, but I've yet to actually get the game to actually launch. Running the program causes it to instantly crash. UAC is off, and the registry files are at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nex us - The Jupiter Incident

I've attempted running as administrator, despite UAC being off. I've tried copying its registry files to the location it should be with UAC on. I've tried installing it with UAC on. The only success I've managed to get was when I had the registry files in the UAC on location and ran a non-steam patch, which managed to get me a launcher, however given that was a non-steam patch I was asked for a cd which, surprise surprise, I don't have.

I'm sure I'm missing something deadly simple. Dumping the event log and computer specs below.

Faulting application name: nexus.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x425d1b01
Faulting module name: nexus.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x425d1b01
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0016003c
Faulting process id: 0xf28
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccae357ee6be2a
Faulting application path: c:\steam\steamapps\common\nexus the jupiter incident\nexus.exe
Faulting module path: c:\steam\steamapps\common\nexus the jupiter incident\nexus.exe
Report Id: bd67e9e0-1a28-11e1-9f4d-00221599bf2c

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q-PRO
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB DDR2 RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Offline indelible

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't launch
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 19:29:19 »
I've got the same error but with the nexus_DX9.exe

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7-2670QM
Memory: 8GB DDR2 RAM
Card name: AMD Raedon HD 6850M 1GB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: nexus_DX9.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x425d196b
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: nexus_DX9.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x425d196b
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x00137e2e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xdfc
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cce4ea116007bf
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: D:\Games\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident\nexus_DX9.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: D:\Games\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident\nexus_DX9.exe

please advise.

Offline indelible

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 16:03:20 »
Hi there,

I've got some more information:

First I should say that the game launches and shows the introvideos. If they are played till the end or skipped the "single player" version of the game crashes with the above error.

Mods like "Star Wars enhanced" or "Babylon 5" could be started and played without problems. Only Mods with campaigns were only showing a black screen, when I started the campaign.

When I start the "multi player" version, the game launches and I can change Options etc. If I tried to start a server it chrashed with the same error as for the single player. Then I read this thread http://arparso.de/nexus/forum/index.php/topic,53.msg2524.html#new and thought I should give it a try. Now my multiplayer server is up and running. But the singleplayer is still crashing after the intros.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 20:03:25 »
Hi Indelible,

The only time I can recall Nexus doing that to me was when I was tinkering with campaigns and left out some files. Unfortunately, Nexus is quite sensitive and won't really tell you what's wrong.

As you're on steam, have you tried to 'verify integrity of game cache' (Start up steam, right click on Nexus and choose 'properties'. You'll find it under the local files tab.)?   Not sure if it'll help, but I think your copy of Nexus may be missing something.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline indelible

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 20:15:30 »
Hi,

that solved my problem. I've just freshly installed the game and installed all updates. The Problem was, that I copied the game-Files from my older PC  to this one and created the registry by hand. Probably some files were damaged by this process.

Thank you for your help!