April 18, 2024, 14:19:47

Author Topic: game freeze  (Read 6755 times)

Offline sakura

• Recruit
    • View Profile
game freeze
« on: November 28, 2011, 14:09:03 »
Hi I resonantly brought nexus in the steam sale as it looked like the type of game I would enjoy and after finding out there was a good and active modding community going on the game was sold to me. so after finding out about the dll thingy for multiplayer and the master server being dead me and my mate played a few games over hamachi lan.

This worked fine until he asked if we could use the stargate mod so late last night i installed the NEXUS Skirmisher v0.61 and Stargate Mod War Begins Beta 11b and booted the game up through steam. The single player worked fine and was quite fun and by now friend had gone to bed. so i used the .bat file to change the mode over to MP and tried to boot up a server and the game just freezes with the music playing in the background and i have to task manager to close it. then i tried loading up the normal MP and got the same problem baring in mind this worked fine before. then i found the Nexus Launcher.exe and thought "oh i must have to use this to make it work" but it made no difference, so i removed the mods and tryed again, didn't work. so i removed the whole game and redownloaded it to start again, this still didn't work from a fresh install.

so what i would like to know is how have i managed to do this i haven't found any one else with this problem (as far as i can tell) and can anyone help me fix this? i'll update this is if it worked for my friend when gets on.

thank you
Sakura

Offline sakura

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: game freeze
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 16:02:59 »
well i have no clue what i did as i don't think i did any thing but it's working now soooo...

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 16:23:52 »
It's quite extrange. First time I heard something like it. To make it work before, did you apply the multiplayer fix?

Also, does the single player work at least?

Offline sakura

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 16:51:20 »
i had the dll fix on and it was working fine, yes single player worked fine. it works fine now and i haven't done anything at all it just fixed its self.

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 01:01:38 »
The magic of Arparso's forum strikes again  ;D
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.