March 29, 2024, 12:46:41

Author Topic: Smarty pants time....  (Read 9253 times)

Offline The_Small_Time_Modder

• Petty Officer
  • Watch out batman! here comes CHUCK NORRIS!
    • View Profile
Smarty pants time....
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:29:43 »
OK, so machines are getting smarter and can now talk to themselves. but what about 70 years ago?

70 years ago.... the germans tried to make a battleship-size worthy tank...... wait WHAT?!?!?!  :o

check this bad boy out!  8)

Landkreuzer P1500 "Monster", 80cm horror gun!

This baby would have had 250mm of armor on the front alone, crewed by 100+ men, 138 feet long, 60 feet wide and 24 feet tall, and have a couple dozen machine guns.

and yes, the last image of it is crappy, i know.  :(

reply if you want to....  :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:33:36 by The_Small_Time_Modder »
Epic win = when bullets dodge YOU.

Nothing can contend with that. Unless if you can travel through time and space.

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: Smarty pants time....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 18:36:48 »
Well, not exactly battleship-size - the P1500 would have been roughly as long as actual battleships of that era were wide. ;)

That's still frigging huge and a perfect example of the insane minds behind the German Nazi regime. The "Monster" would have been useless in front-line battle, horribly slow, couldn't have been transported by train or through villages or tunnels or any other narrow point and the production costs and time would have been way off the charts. It really only had prestige value at best, like "Who's got the biggest tank in the world?"-style... ;)

Considering Germany was struggling to produce even barely enough "standard" battle tanks to keep the war going for another two or three years, this design was completely and utterly ridiculous. Maybe in a video game... :)

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 21:29:54 »
Although you do have to admit it COULD run over buildings and other tanks, i can almost see it!  :o

Heres another sweet vid, this one might blow your mind!

a remote control bomb!!!!  :o

The Fritz-X, the silent threat

Can you believe this was actually used?  :o

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 23:26:16 »
Sure it was used. Germany had a lot of "cool" high-tech weaponry like the first cruise missiles (V1, V2), the first jetfighters (ME-262), the first assault rifles (StG 44), highly advanced attack submarines (Type XXI), stealth coating for submarines, electrically powered torpedoes (don't leave a trail of bubbles) and much much more.

Didn't help much, though... and I'm glad it didn't. (and I'm saying this as a German myself, just so you know :P )

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 00:19:03 »
stealth coating? ok thats new for me  :o

It's friggin' sweet im talking with a german though, my great grand-father lived on the italian side of the alps, but had a job in germany... no wonder i speak the little bit of german i know so fluently.  :P

anyway got another one for you, can you guess what this is?

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=p-82+twin+mustang&hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=5ZmuHnDU0KPq8M:&imgrefurl=http://www.af.mil/photos/mediagallery.asp%3FgalleryID%3D159%26page%3D5&docid=KolUjdgmoxcENM&w=340&h=265&ei=OLN7TrefM4GssQKI68HJAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1379&vpy=363&dur=156&hovh=198&hovw=254&tx=135&ty=124&page=5&tbnh=153&tbnw=198&start=109&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:109&biw=1680&bih=882

If only i knew how to properly stick the image in here....  :-X

The answer is backwards: gnatsum-niwt 28-P
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:04:59 by The_Small_Time_Modder »

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 03:50:38 »
Sorry i havent managed to give anyone a chance to reply to my previous post, but i just remembered something awesome that i bet people (specifically aparso) would get a kick out of!

North American B-25 Mitchell ground attack

I also randomly found this video, which im sure anyone who watches it will either get the creeps or just plain laugh. hope no one craps their pants....  :o

Yeah yeah i know the sound quality is a bit crappy, but thats because of desert wind, so thats nature messing up the sound, blame it not me...  :-X

Camel Spider Attacks Infantry Platoon in Afghanistan!

This is why Camel Spiders + Funny = awesome sauce! :D

I got a kick out of this!  ;D
THIS IS SO SILLY!!!! XD!!!

The best part is between 1:12 and 1:48 or so in my opinion.... i laughed so hard there XD

By the way, ive been hunting down that song thats played in that movie for a while, anyone know the name of it?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 22:02:51 by The_Small_Time_Modder »