March 29, 2024, 12:28:19

Author Topic: Perhaps a Add on to Nexus is in order?  (Read 8023 times)

Offline The_Small_Time_Modder

• Petty Officer
  • Watch out batman! here comes CHUCK NORRIS!
    • View Profile
Perhaps a Add on to Nexus is in order?
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:52 »
 I know im new, but, around where i live im known for crazy ideas.... that sometimes work!

And my newest crazy idea? a patched up nexus, every ship, Weapon, Sheild and support device from the tactics spreadsheet AND the nexus_oo.DAT file in the game as intended by the creators in the first place... and more!

heres a rather thick list...

--- SHIPS ---

+ Firstly, the odd-ball NDF Corvette. Useless? not to me! Simply size up the sheilds, add a tail section (it looks really odd without that), and strengthen the hull a bit, and voila! you got yourself a fast, light, manuvuerable non-fighter strike craft!   :P

+ Where did the gorg frigate go? if they have destroyers, cruisers, and battleships, why not frigates? especially if the NDF has them! (same goes with the ghosts)

+ The Alien_meet Object seems to be a model for some kind of locust destroyer, anyone else think so?

+ And what kind of fighter force would be complete without a mini-missile loaded fighter/bomber? that would be sweet to see!

--- RACES ---

+ The Locusts dont seem to have everything the creators intended, assuming from the Alien_meet object i mentioned above. Perhaps a KING Locust could act as a battleship? And maybe a PRAETORIAN Locust as a cruiser?   ???

+ The mysterious white cruiser, not only does it look sweet, but there are even an uncompleted destroyer, carrier AND fighter that seem to be supposed to go with it. It would be awesome to see those models completed and background info for them too. Could they be the creators of the mechanoids, who were obliterated by their own godly creation? who knows!!!!!  :o

--- WEAPONS ---
Now this is where it gets crazy....  :P

+ A plasma thrower, thats right, a PLASMA THROWER, it SHOULD be feasible, if they have a plasma GUN we could EASILY model a plasma THROWER off of it. As for the purpose? either to fry fighters in bunches or overpower shields, and maybe cook old school ships while were at it...  :P

+ A laser weapon that is similar to the siege laser, only on impact it exlpodes and does damage like a missle. im thinking other than that it would work similarly to the siege laser, what do you guys think?  :-\

+ The locusts lack weapons other than the orbs of ion energy that the warriors spit out... maybe the queen can produce a massive wad of the stuff? we could also have ion lasers. AND maybe a gun that fires ion energy like a magma plasma gun!

+ If someone hasnt already, we could also complete the disruptor, eWind, Compensator, Neutrino Beam, and IonWhip weapons that the developers of NEXUS left unfinished, the disruptor and eWind DO have shot animations, but other than that they still need some work done.  :-\

+ More on the Ionwhip, if anyone has seen the Nexus 2 concept video, they show a ship firing a whippy stream of yellow energy at another ship, if someone has developer-like modding skills, we could be able to model the ion whip after that!

--- SHIELDS ---

+ could it be possible to make a reflective shield? one that reflects energy based weapons back at the ship that fired it on the shield? that would be really neat!

+ perhaps another one could be made to absorb a percentage of energy from energy weapons and charges up the weapons on the shields user in return. that would be really sweet to see happen!

--- SUPPORTS ---

+ The only thing i had here was to fix the secondary weapon generator, i heard it doesn't do anything....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply if you so choose to, im sure some of this stuff is too good to pass up!

Edit: I KNOW for a fact i probably dont have the skills to program all this up myself, nor the tools, if anyone gets a lit lightbulb from what i jotted down here let me know. If you're interested with any of this, but have questions, lay 'em on me! ;)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 22:14:07 by The_Small_Time_Modder »
Epic win = when bullets dodge YOU.

Nothing can contend with that. Unless if you can travel through time and space.

Offline The_Small_Time_Modder

• Petty Officer
  • Watch out batman! here comes CHUCK NORRIS!
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps a Add on to Nexus is in order?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:32:08 »
Remember the exploding laser i mentioned?

I got a pair of images for you guys of a perfect example...  8)

the before and after effects of a mechanoid ray that explodes upon impact like a cataclysm missle.  ;)

I managed to tweak it from the tactics.ini for the normal skirmisher settings. Think this type of a weapon (a completely seperate weapon that actually does this) is doable and/or useful in any way?  ???
Epic win = when bullets dodge YOU.

Nothing can contend with that. Unless if you can travel through time and space.