Nexus Modding > Game Assets

Default ship models?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Keldane:
It's nothing too spectacular; I'm just modding ship classes and devices to replicate Ground Zero Games' Full Thrust tabletop space combat system (clicky). It's nowhere near exact, and hopefully it'll provide something a little different from standard Nexus games. I also intend to include the Warfare mod written by Arparso in some of the missions, once I get to the point of creating them and pending permission from Arparso.

Arparso:
Consider my permissions granted. ;)

However, keep in mind, that Nexus doesn't like too many ships in a mission at the same time, so it'll crash sooner or later.... perhaps implementing a hard limit concerning the number of ships to build would be a wise choice.

Keldane:
Thank you, it is greatly appreciated.

My thought had been to have a set number of resource points for a given mission, and have the construction of each ship cost a certain number. That way, by adjusting the points value of the smallest ship and the maximum number of points for the mission, I would ultimately set a limit on the number of ships that could reach the battlefield. Determining points value and determining the armament of a given ship type would become easier with this method, as well, as I could simply use the Full Thrust rules for ship construction to come up with both.

Arparso:
Sure, that'll work, too.

Keldane:
Alright, I have a new question. This one isn't really important in any way; it's just a curiosity thing. Would anyone here happen to know how (or, for that matter, if it's even possible) to make commandos transfer ship to ship without the use of their own fragile little pods? I tried to set them to use the Datascanner's animation, and it predictably did not work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version