March 29, 2024, 14:22:56

Author Topic: Resolution don't work on 1900x1200  (Read 7946 times)

Offline Nahdar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Resolution don't work on 1900x1200
« on: August 28, 2011, 13:45:58 »
Hi at all,

At first: I read the Guide in the topic, but it doesn't help. I'd used the regedit and the right way.
(my system windows 7 64bit) so i change the width und the high to 1900 and 1200 (on dezimal!) ...

And ... it doesn't work  :-\
Ingame the Options like to ignore my changes on the resolution before and after the using of the regedit.

Please help me  :)

Mfg Nahdar

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: Resolution don't work on 1900x1200
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 14:34:12 »
You can also try out the Nexus Launcher (beta). The launcher offers options to change the graphics settings such as resolution or fullscreen and windowed mode. After you made your changes, you can either run Nexus through this new launcher or through the old one. This should handle all necessary registry changes for you.
This launcher requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4 (Client Profile), if you don't have it already installed.

Manually changing the registry:

You sure, you looked at the correct path in the registry? For Win7 64bit it is per default:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

Important: Make sure that you access the registry with the same Windows user account that you play Nexus with. If you use "run as administrator" when playing Nexus, also run regedit as administrator (in case your normal user account and your administrator account are not the same).

If you switched off Windows' UAC (it's on by default), the correct path is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

Also don't try to change the ingame options once you've changed the registry, or else it'll overwrite your resolution settings.

Offline Nahdar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 14:57:56 »
thanks for the quick answer!

But the description you have write is right. I did all so like you said. It doesn't work.

The Launcher heard good. But i have steam and then i install the launcher he said, i havent install nexus ...

Mfg Nahdar

Offline Nahdar

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 23:23:39 »
This is really shit. Damn Steam, always it destroy al hope to use mods ... :/

Not even reinstall help to let the game chnage the resolution. And the possibilty with the regedit dont work and the launcher is ... not able to use for me ... :/

crap ...