Nexus Skirmisher > General Discussion

NEXUS Skirmisher rewrite

(1/13) > >>

Arparso:
I've been wanting to rewrite the NEXUS Skirmisher tool from scratch for the past couple years, but never came to finish anything worth showing to the public. I'm annoyed by the horrible UI and myriad of bugs, missing features and missed opportunities... even after all these years. However, I'll need to know, if a serious attempt at rewriting this tool is even worth the amount of time, sweat and blood this'll cost.

It's your call: is there still any viable interest in Nexus, the NEXUS Skirmisher or modding Nexus, that could convince me to finally go ahead with this endeavor or is this community already and finally dead? Talk to me, contact me via forum  or email. Share your opinion!

Scorpion_SK:
I use your tool long time and possible update is great news for me. I hope you can add possibility of adding fighters to ships and possibility of setting positions of ships and maybe some other features.
I like your program very much.  :thumbsup:

Sorry for my bad english.

Arparso:
At first I'd need to scrap a few features. I'm thinking about multiplayer support here, because that is being hardly used anyway. But yeah, fighter support and a way to change your ship positioning would be pretty high up on the priority list. Though I'm a bit puzzled with the last one... having a graphical UI to move your ships around on a representation of the battlefield would be best, but is pretty hard or at least work-intensive to implement considering the 3d aspect. Maybe just offer some different formations? I'm reluctant to let the user enter coordinates manually seeing as that would be hardly intuitive or user-friendly...

Hardscript:
Personally i think it would be a great idea to make a new version.

there are 2 things i would suggest.
Firstly adding EVERY ship that is in the campaign into the skirmisher.
and if this is possible make the option to use ships from diff mods together.

For example i want to put a ship from the stargate mod up against  a mp_heavy battlship.

Arparso:
The first function is already there ;) ... just choose "Nexus Skirmisher SP" as mod and you should have access to all singleplayer ships and equipment.

The second requested feature will never make it to the Skirmisher, I'm afraid. It would require merging mods, which isn't a trivial task at all. Although theoretically possible, hundreds of things could break, when attempting that and the Skirmisher is simply not meant to be a mod manager or merger ... it's just there to create skirmish battles against the AI for a given mod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version