April 16, 2024, 23:55:35

Author Topic: new weapon  (Read 5047 times)

Offline tothacka

• Recruit
    • View Profile
new weapon
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:15:34 »
Hi guys,

I need a little help and i dont know where to write. I would like to create new weapons and use these in the singleplayer campaign. I created the weapon in the tacticstypes.ini and put their description in the dev_weapons_new and gsflt_devinfos, but i cant see them in the game.

Please if anybody knows something help me!

Thanks

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: new weapon
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 18:27:42 »
In that case, you can do one of two things. You can edit the tactistype.ini and change the initial weapon configuration of certain shiptypes so that you'd always have that weapon (be sure not no remove in the fleet loadout panel).
For that you'll have to modify:
styp_t_Angelwing, styp_ep6_AngelwingM, styp_ep5_AngelwingM,styp_ep4_AngelwingM,styp_ep3_Angelwing, styp_ep2_m3_Angelwing, styp_ep2_Angelwing, cls_Angelwing and/or styp_ST_Stiletto_corvette.

Or:

You can open the files episode_x.rules 1 through 6 and in each mission add your device to the stock of usable devices, by use of the function "uAddDevicesToStock(device, # number of available devices in stock);" if you're unclear as to where to put this, just add it with the rest whenever they appear.