March 28, 2024, 11:10:02

Author Topic: Skirmisher and steam  (Read 7852 times)

Offline atlantian109

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Skirmisher and steam
« on: March 19, 2011, 11:07:55 »
I bought NTJI from steam and it works fine, but the skirmisher does not, i keep getting the background music but the screen is just black, what do i do?

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
Re: Skirmisher and steam
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 12:50:40 »
what do i do?
How about giving a more detailed explanation of your problems? What doesn't work? Starting the Skirmisher to create your mission or starting the game trying to play the mission?

Quote from: atlantian109
i keep getting the background music but the screen is just black,
I suppose you mean Nexus then, because the Skirmisher doesn't have any kind of background music. What mod are you trying to play? Where does it fail - already in the main menu or after loading the mission? How did you create the mission - what settings did you use in the Skirmisher?

Offline atlantian109

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 16:21:04 »
i click on nexus skirmisher and then it comes up with a screen saying new game/mission then i type in a name and then it comes up with a black screen and does not load.

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 00:02:47 »
WHERE do you click on Nexus Skirmisher?

The Skirmisher is a separate tool. You start it by running "Nexus Skirmisher.exe" in your Nexus folder. This tool allows you to create new skirmish-type missions for any mod you have installed. There is no new game/mission button anywhere.

There is also a Nexus Skirmisher mod bundled with the tool, which includes Nexus' default multiplayer ships ready for you to use. You run this mod like any other Nexus mod by using nexus.exe and selecting "Modifications". This mod doesn't include any missions per default and will also never display any new game/mission kind of button.

I don't have a clue what is going wrong at your end and your one-sentence descriptions sadly don't explain much. Please try to be more descriptive and give a detailed description of what you're trying to do. Also try reinstalling the Skirmisher by following the install instructions on the download page.