March 29, 2024, 13:15:51

Author Topic: Nexus Launcher beta - need feedback  (Read 76620 times)

Offline Esgal

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus Launcher beta - need feedback
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 22:03:24 »
Oh, anyway I solved problem :) I reinstalled the game, but before installing the patch 1.01, I saved the original exe fails. After installing the patch, I replaced the exe file and the game works fine. Now Nexus Launcher Beta see mods.
Thank you for the help :)

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2014, 10:12:00 »
I've been made aware of an incompatibility with the GoG release and attached a fixed version of the launcher to the original post. Or just click here (if you're logged into the forum). If you have the GoG version, you need to run the launcher as administrator to make it work.

For the technical minded:
The GoG version by default launches with administrator privileges. In Windows Vista and above this causes the game to store its settings in a different part of the Windows registry than it would otherwise. To be precise, the GoG version stores everything in (in a 64-bit Windows version):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

... while the normal location if not run as administrator would be:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\VirtualStore\Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Mithis\Nexus - The Jupiter Incident

So basically, the launcher would look at the wrong key in the registry and thus not find the Nexus installation. I've made a few changes to how it discovers the correct registry key and it should now work with the GoG version out of the box. You need to run it as administrator, though, just like the actual game.

Offline be77solo

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 23:24:45 »
Just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for this great tool!  It got my GOG version up and running in 1080p very easily, game looks fantastic and plays great!

Only issue I can tell is game engine related and mission briefings are a bit skewed.

Thanks again!  ;D