April 18, 2024, 16:58:09

Author Topic: CEP mod for Nexus  (Read 57719 times)

Offline GeoModder

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: CEP mod for Nexus
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 17:43:50 »
@GeoModder
If you don't mind, I'd like to include your newer descriptions mod. Out of curiosity, does your work cover all of the text entries for the various celestials, models and such?

Late to the party, I know. Blame my vacation last month and workload this month. ;)
I don't mind at all you're going to include the descriptions mod. It's for public use.

The files covering briefings, text underneath movies, helptexts for objects (weapons, ships,...) and labels in general for single player weren't included since I didn't change a thing there.

Offline Lt.Brandon

• Crewman
  • FIRE ZE MISSILEZ!
    • View Profile
    • War of The Damned MODDB Page
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 00:05:46 »
That worked Brandon - thanks a lot!
I think the issue is just the terminology differences. At work, we use Team Foundation and Source Depot for asset management. The term "checkout" is for actually checking files out for editing, while "get latest" has it's obvious function.

Thanks for clearing that up as well as clearing out my mess!

No problem, I had the same thing happen to me the first time I used it. Once you figure it out it works quite nicely though.

Offline Lt.Brandon

• Crewman
  • FIRE ZE MISSILEZ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2011, 04:37:02 »
I've been thinking, with the story I have for my mod would there not be a possibility of it being part of the added missions?

I personally think it could defiantly fit in if we do the missions right, and we wouldn't need the original voices for it to work either. My mod currently uses a lot of content that came with nexus so it wouldn't make the project to large, I'm also planning on introducing that race that never really got used(Talking of the Feher stuff, it looks like the white ships did to me). It just keeps bugging me in the back of my head so, anyone else think it might work out? Of course I'm welcome to ideas as to what might get changed with my mod, and I think new players might enjoy it. I'm going to be putting up the updated story on the MODDB page sooner or later.

Offline GeoModder

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 22:52:26 »
Took a quick read on your general notes of how you envisioned the missions of your mod. It striked me that so to speak out of the blue a ragtag crew suddenly got help from whole fleets in several missions.

Offline Lt.Brandon

• Crewman
  • FIRE ZE MISSILEZ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 01:01:20 »
The things on the moddb page are still pretty outdated, but basically the player is part of a decent sized pirate group. That's where those extra fleets come from, but I did write the original idea up at 4am last year so that's the main reason for some things not fitting right.

Edit: Haha, after looking back at the MODDB page and my current mission plans the story on MODDB only applys to 4 missions. Also, there was another reason I mentioned my mod maybe being part of the CEP. I had intended to use the .dap file myself so when people finished the nexus campaign it would just continue on to mine, and with this method I wouldn't have to pack the whole nexus universe folder in with the mod. I also didn't exactly want people to have to constantly swap between the .dap files, as it gets very annoying to do that after a while.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:18:22 by Lt.Brandon »

Offline DreamorCZ

• Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Czech Gaming Nexus
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 20:51:58 »
Very well, we should start moving on with this. We have our shareplace on SVN and some vision, so we must go step by step now.

Let's take 1st mission and star talking about what new we want to see there (or see fixed) and if we want to make any optional side mission after that.

Editor in Chief at http://www.cgnexus.eu/

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 21:21:32 »
uhm... I'd start by make it shorter if you want to skip all the tutoriales. Just a thought.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2011, 21:51:10 »
As some of you may or may not know, I'm working on a new mod for Nexus. The mod is pretty green and alpha, but I do have some work put into it.
Basically, the mod will be a bit of a Solar Bandits meet Warfare mod. It's inspired (but not based) on those two mods. Basically, you'll be able to move your fleet through different locations within a system and battle an enemy who will be doing that exact thing too. You'll also be able to call in reinforcements from other fleets in the system.

Right now I'm working on the background code and haven't got into the campaing-based stuff, but I'm getting there.

My point: I've been toying arround with the idea of making this mod a bit open source-ish, and I remembered about the CEP mod and how it hasn't gotten any... anything for a while now. So I was thinking of adding my mod to the CEP repository.
I'm not specting any help or anything, but leaving it outhere can has it's advantages.

So basically I'm asking for your permission to host my mod on the CEP svn url

Offline Lt.Brandon

• Crewman
  • FIRE ZE MISSILEZ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 01:13:07 »
It sounds interesting, I'm fine with it being there if others are.

Offline The_Small_Time_Modder

• Petty Officer
  • Watch out batman! here comes CHUCK NORRIS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 23:42:58 »
What Mularac is describing sounds oddly like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Galactic conquest type gameplay.... good times....
Epic win = when bullets dodge YOU.

Nothing can contend with that. Unless if you can travel through time and space.