April 16, 2024, 16:45:19

Author Topic: End cinematic  (Read 9560 times)

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
End cinematic
« on: April 24, 2009, 05:09:48 »
hey arpaso, may I ask what command you used to start the end cinematic sequence at the end of each mission done with your skirmisher? (or was it because the old beta of WB... it's odd, it's not doing it anymore...)

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:57:20 »
That's actually a bug. I do nothing to trigger the end sequence and yet it does appear. I believe most custom missions have this problem, even if they weren't done with the Skirmisher.

/edit:
Strange, doesn't seem to happen right now. Don't know why, honestly. I clearly remember it being a bug back in the earlier days after the release of the game, but maybe the patch or extracting the nexus_00.dat via DATool changed that?

Offline The Old Dragon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • http://
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 14:41:46 »
Are you refering to the end cinematics of the original game?
If so, then as Arparso said, it is a bug in the original game release. Upgrading to version 1.01 should solve the issue.
Better to look the fool by asking, then prove them right with ignorance.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 16:34:26 »
damn- I was hoping I could use that line of coding to trigger a cinematic of our own when a mission if finished.... I think I'll have to search deeper in nexus scripting...

Offline Arparso

• Administrator
  • Lieutenant
  • I can see you...
    • View Profile
    • http://arparso.de/nexus
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 23:47:21 »
You might wanna try uPlayBink("01", 0); ... this should trigger the intro sequence of the game. The first parameter is the identifier for the video itself while the second parameter is the name of a RULE to execute after or while the video runs (don't know for sure).

You can see examples of this in the following files of the original campaign, if you've extracted the files via DATool:

universestoryrulesepisode_1.rules
universestoryrulesepisode_2.rules
universestoryrulesepisode_3.rules
universestoryrulesepisode_4.rules
universestoryrulesepisode_5.rules
universestoryrulesepisode_6.rules
universemissionsEPISODES42___TheLocust.mission

/edit:
I don't know, where the movie files are given their identifiers, though.

/edit2:
Turns out these identifiers are given automatically. The Bink movie files are named nexus_XXX.dat and are being stored in the Nexus base folder. XXX will be used as identifier for that movie, so you may name your file nexus_stargateScene1.dat and use uPlayBink("stargateScene1", 0) in your mission to start that cutscene.

Offline Mularac

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 01:25:25 »
I already answered in the nexus forum, but again: you're a genious. This is going to help the development of WB a lot!